Sunday, June 24, 2007

On Thursday, I posted three entries--one on our loss of Halmeoni(Korean for Grandma); one on Gay Pride; and the last one, on anger and rage and how to help defuse that(the article I referenced-- and reprinted-- in that Blog, mentions TALKING is a good way to do the defusing; I say WRITING about it, is even better for you!)

So here I am, writing late Sunday evening, about anger. How I hardly ever let myself get angry. How anger seems like an utter waste of energy that could be put to much better use...but then I think:
How about getting angry when it's JUSTIFIED....
So go ahead:
Get angry when you know someone's betrayed you:lied to you repeatedly, or spoken ill of others/blamed others-- and then denied doing so, or hey--molested your children...
But getting angry because someone cut you off in traffic, or forgot to signal, or made that turn at the last second, or someone has had a bad day, or a bad week, or maybe they're really depressed, but to feel the depression is too hard for them, so they lash out at you, or take it out on you? No--you don't get to be angry.You can be aggravated, but don't waste your anger on that.
Get angry about the liar in your family, the sociopath who blames everyone else for their ills, or the abuser no one wants to talk about...The easiest thing in the world to do is to say "I don't want to go there." Because in a case like that, anger isn't easy, it's hard. Because it means confronting cold, hard truth.... Get angry about those things.
Then do something about it.

And yes, I'm still for Peace. But getting to Peace means reaching for truth, kids, so reach for Truth.

No comments: