Friday, May 28, 2010

One Sweet Woman.

I met a lovely lady last year, but have only gotten to know her well, the past several weeks.Lovely lady's name is Julie Bloemeke.
Here's what I already know about her:
She's compassionate and kind(two qualities that I consistently rate as "most important"), speaking warmly about everyone to whom she refers.
A graduate of Bennington College(novelist Bret Easton Ellis graduated there),she's incredibly talented, keeping her husband and children supported, and pursuing her poetry with the passion required, while still lifting up her many,diverse, friends with that famous-Julie smile, and words of encouragement.
She thinks in future-tense, while never forgetting the past...and she lives in the best way possible: IN THE MOMENT!
I'll be celebrating her 38th Birthday with her, on Saturday(a wee bit after the actual day), at an old favorite haunt of mine, "Einstein's", in midtown Atlanta.
I had suggested Einstein's to her, as it was where I celebrated both my 35th and my 45th birthday.Turns out,(our mutual dear friend) Collin Kelley had already suggested to her-----the very same place!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JULIE BLOEMEKE!

8 comments:

jmsjoin said...

All right, Happy Birthday Julie. You two sweet women have a ball!

Collin Kelley said...

Great minds think alike, Lisa. :) See you at the par-tay!

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Average Patriot--Thank you. We all did!
Collin Kelley--It was great to get to see you!Fun! :)

Georg said...

Bonjour Lisa,

Bloemeke is a Dutch or Flemish word meaning little flower.

Georg

David Herrle said...

Don't know her, but she must be cool if she deserves such a tribute!

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Georg--That is too sweet! I believe her husband is Dutch, so that's super-cool, Georg!
btw, my "confirmation name"(from when I was a child, in the Roman Catholic Church) is "St. Theresa of Liseuix"(spell?)and she was known as "The Little Flower".
What lovely synchronicity! :)
David H.--Hi there!
She surely is. ;)

Lydia said...

You are the coolest friend!

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Lydia, Thank you for that.
Still wanna visit ya'll in the great Northwest... :)