Saturday, January 08, 2011

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, and all victims and their families: Our Prayers are with you.

Despicable. Word for the day for the gunman who killed several people, and wounded several others.
On Facebook, at my Wall, I posted early this afternoon, that I felt the Sarah Palin website which carried a picture of District 8 in AZ., and crosshairs (of a gun) over it, "targeting" that area, and in effect, the representatives of that area, too, was irresponsible, and reckless. I stand by that statement, despite numerous commenters who felt I was being "asinine", or over-reaching by forging a "connection" between the horrendous shooting today(which has critically injured a Democrat Congresswoman, and killed a Federal Judge, among others) and virulent speech by various political folk.
Later, MSNBC ran a clip from March, when this same congresswoman's office was vandalized, just after her vote on health care(she voted PRO-health-care-reform).
Turns out, she felt EXACTLY the same way.
I'm having trouble linking it here, but hit my FB Wall, and you'll see it.
Wowsers.
Peace, kids. Peace.

6 comments:

Galen Pearl said...

So sad. Hateful speech leads to hateful action and then everyone acts surprised.

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Galen Pearl--Exactly!
Thank you for your input and support.

Anonymous said...

That Palin chart with the targets on it worried me when I saw it. There are so many nutters out there with access to guns who are swayed by rhetoric like that.

One shouldn't politicise a tragedy like this but it is hard not to. I am saddened by all the lives lost, particularly the little girl. My heart goes out to her family. It is devastating.

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Selma--Thank you.
I certainly hope I'm NOT "politicizing" the atrocity committed on these great people.
Little girl was one of our 9/11 "Faces of Hope", and I was broken to see that she was a victim of this.
Much Peace and Many Prayers to her family.
And all the families.

Dave Dubya said...

I'm afraid nothing will be learned, or acknowledged, by this tragedy.

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Dave Dubya--I hope we can all rejoice now that Rep. "Gaby" Giffords has been transferred for rehabilitation. :)
My prayer is that we all work towards more Peace. :D