Friday, November 30, 2012

It's Bright OUTside.

It's cold out, but I'm feeling cheery because the sun is sooo bright, it looks--here at the end of November-- almost like summer.... So what's new in YOUR world? Since Facebook, lo these past two-and-a-half years, I've read less of each of my favorite blogs, and am only now, getting "caught up". What world-events have made you dizzy? Please comment here, and tell me! What personal changes or transitions are you embracing, or just tolerating, or...resisting? Please comment here, and tell me! For me, the re-election of President Barack Obama, whom I am proud to say, I helped elect and Re-elect, was paramount. I was incredibly preoccupied with politics for the past two years, and recently discovered through a new application called "Social Me" (which I discovered in a Facebook post on Freddie Ashley's Facebook Wall) that "government", along with Christianity, and theatre (mislabeled on "Social Me" as "movies") was one of my most-often-discussed topics. I'm guilty of believing politics can literally change the world, but if I'm truly honest, I'll admit that inner change--that inner "spirituality", if you will---is the only model by which change may happen. WE change, and the paradigms we use to EFFECT change, well, it....changes... Can a President change our values? No...but he CAN change our priorities, and I'm so tickled that President Obama worked to embrace LGBTQ, and has spoken out in favor of Marriage-Equality. Kids, I believe a person's own marriage, is one's own responsibility. The happy gay or lesbian couple down the street, do NOT affect YOUR marriage....But by being given "a vote" on whether their marriage "counts", or is "legal", YOU affect THEIR happiness....and like it says "...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness..." is a guaranteed right, here in the USA.... Here's to sunshine, warmth in winter, and wishes for anyone who wants to, to feel great about "coming out" as LGBTQ. Marriage Equality, kids. Peace, kids.

1 comment:

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Oh, and to add a footnote: since I identify as LGBTQ, I take it quite personally when folks DO NOT support Marriage Equality. I'm married to a man...but I could've been in love--just as easily, for me--with a woman, and it's verrrry upsetting and hurtful to live in a society that will not honor LOVE--equally....