Friday, December 08, 2006

Well, we're nearly halfway into December, and that's when I start thinking about New Year's Resolutions...Hmmm...
Last year, I vowed to stop procrastinating, but I put off doing it...
Actually, I think a lot of us procrastinators are great at completing tasks in a timely fashion-- when someone ELSE is depending on us-- or when it's to help someone else out.
For example-- volunteer projects-- collecting food and donations for the poor, vounteering for arts organizations, teaching workshops to children, visiting shelters, campaigning for humanitarian concerns, political candidates, etc--for those things, I'm extremely reliable.
For some reason, whenever it's me that will most benefit, I tend to delay. And delay. And delay.
So my New Year's Resolution for 2007 is:
To do everything I commit to, as though it is only for others...
That way, it'll get finished-- and finished quickly!
Which means my long-overdue birthing of my book-- Words From Water:Poems-- will finally make it into print!
Other stuff coming up in 2007:
A premiere of my one-woman Show & Tell, right here in Atlanta, and soon after that, an opening in Tampa. Later, I'll perform in Indiana(most likely, in Bloomington),and by end of 2007--I'll perform in Los Angeles.

I should add here that this past year, due to a major health concern, much of what I hoped to accomplish was severely limited....

Here's to health, and happiness, and to helping oneself, as well as others--to success, in 2007.
I encourage all of you-- especially those of you who volunteer-- to be there for yourSELVES, too. It's not going to diminsh your service to others. Being fulfilled in your own work will enable you to give of yourselves(your most deeply fulfilled selves), even more....

1 comment:

Dustin Brookshire said...

I don't think I followed through with any of my Resolutions..... blah... I'm hoping to change that in the new year.

I'm excited about your play... can't wait to see it!