Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mid-Year Reminder....Did you make New Year's Resolutions?
What were they? Most folks make an effort to quit bad habits(I quit biting my nails over two decades ago, for good), or to become better at something(becoming more prompt, more focused, more generous, etc..).
I ask about Resolutions now, because it's by late June, early July, that people tend to "give up". They stop trying. "The year's half-over", they say, "It's not working, I can't do it", blah-blah-blah-blah-blah...
But the year is only half-BEGUN...You can DO IT, you really can....
I'm finishing several projects all-at-once now, and where I would normally be beatin' myself up for not being "faster" at these things, I feel confident(truly!) that all is being completed as it should be...
That maybe there's a sense to all this--maybe one I can't completely see-- just yet.
That I'm more content than I've been, in a very long time. That the whole year of 2007 is wide-open, even now, in late June, and I can finish these projects, and breathe a deep breath, and feel very content, indeed.
So can you, kids--so go out there, and rustle up all those poems you want to submit,to get published--and send them in!Start memorizing(or finish memorizing!) those monologues you want to audition with!
And then, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and feel--that peace, that quiet--that's accomplishment. And that, kids, is contentment.

No comments: