Saturday, August 07, 2010

As If Every Day Is Your Last

I thought the next time I posted, it would be all about re-connecting with my ol' pals from the wild days/daze of the 1980's. "The Limelight, One More Night" held just last Friday (July 30th, 201) was everything you could want in a disco-reunion.
The music, lights, and even showgirls strutting about(including "Evil Sarah" who was covered in whipped cream, red-pasties and wore black fishnets, and who plucked strawberries from a nearby bowl to run over her nearly-nude body for those in attendance, to sample)...Mouthwatering. And the berries were great, too.
Ahem.
I thought I'd talk here about seeing my sis--Tina, for dinner (sushi at Ru-San's)and seeing her best pal--Penny, and one of our dearest friends, Dan-Dan, and my husband--Hansoo, gathered not only for dinner, but dancing, too!
I loved getting to take my niece--Breaz, over to visit with her Mom earlier in the day, and was thrilled as we all met at Ru-San's, waiting for my MIA-for-twenty-years-friend, Sherry, for whom I will forever be grateful to Facebook(she located me, using Facebook), to join us. The meal was great, the conversation, uplifting, the dancing, crazy. Seeing "Baby" (of the(now infamous)Gold Club and did-you-know-she-slept-with-Madonna?)fame, and Randy--the deejay who lit up the original Limelight, for so many years, all those years ago, reminded me of a time in my life when I had little money, and worked several jobs, but I had lots of joy and living-in-the-moment.
It was a reminder to live, now.
At one point, nearly 1,000 people crammed into the old "Roxy" theatre now known as the Buckhead Theatre and reaquainted themselves with friends and dance partners, from the past.
I thought this was all I'd be posting about...until I discovered that Jonathon Spanier, one of the producers of this event, a few days after this "disco-reunion", had gone in for surgery, and came through it like a champ. And then, several hours later, died from complications involving a blood clot, and his heart.
So I'm posting about living life, I guess. Living it, as if every day--or night---is "One More Night". Only.
Condolences to Jonathon Spanier's family and friends.
And thank you for a wonderful, fun, evening, Jonathon.I know you're still dancing.
Peace, kids.

3 comments:

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Lisa, Still a wonderful memory to top the memories. xo -J

jmsjoin said...

Lisa it is always a pleasure to read what you say, you are always happy and living in the moment as it should be. Have fun and enjoy!

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Harnett-Hargrove-- Thank you Jayne.
Bittersweet ending, with Mr. Spanier's death.
Average Patriot--Thank you for that.
I try to be in-the-moment. :)