Monday, December 04, 2006

CHRISTMAS MUSIC
Okay, I titled this-- Christmas Music-- not "Holiday" music.So sue me....
For over 10 years, I've signed every Christmas card "Happy Holidays", as I did not want anyone to feel excluded.But I think I'm gettin' my Christmas game on...The truth is, for most folks 'round these parts,it IS indeed Christmas-time. Even the folks I know who celebrate Hanukkah, when greeting others, say "Merry Christmas"...
So I'm listening to Celine Dion's "O Holy Night"... before that, Charlotte Church sang "Ave Maria"...such beauty in these voices.The Vienna Boys' Choir is on now--"Canon in D", with lyrics I do not recall ever hearing(is that LATIN I hear??)...I'll have to post these links, soon....If it's been awhile since you listened to the sounds of sacredness, or holiness, give it a whirl, my friends.It will remind you of your childhood, of longing for connection to others, of longing for real, deep and lasting communion...This music is the sound of our deepest desires.


Just copy-n-paste this into your browser, to see and hear Celine Dion...

http://www.youtube.com/v/7Jr-2eyRtV4

ENJOY!!

No comments: