Friday, January 04, 2008

It's been 24 hours since we saw Barack Obama win in Iowa!!
Although I believe Edwards/Obama would be a strong, winning ticket,(and then Obama could win handily for Prez, after serving as v.p. for Edwards, for two terms),I think if Obama can keep the momentum going, he could-- inexperienced though he may be-- get the nomination for Prez., and win!!....but please, for the love of God, do NOT choose Hillary as your running-mate!
Why do I dislike her so much?
She's definitely owned by the lobbyists--she's accepted more money from lobbyists than ALL OTHER CANDIDATES(Democrat AND Republican!combined)
Her views on the war in Iraq are indistinguishable from George W.
I think the extreme-right loves to "hate" on her, because they actually WANT her on the Dems' ticket. WHY? Because she'd be easy to defeat, and even if she somehow won, the extreme-right STILL wins, because she owes corporate America, and she would vote WITH the war-machine, not against it....
I probably don't have to worry about Hillary getting in--she would not accept a vice-president slot, anyway!

ON TO PO-BIZ:
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER:

***On Wednesday, February 13th, at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, you'll want to arrive to get seated around 7:00 p.m., for an evening I am excited to be a part of!
Judson("The Sweet Everlasting")Mitcham is reading and signing his latest book, and yours truly here, is also reading!
Mr. Mitcham is a brilliant writer, and I am humbled that I am featured alongside him.
You may find more on Mr. Mitcham, at News From University Of Georgia Press.

Expect to be surprised by some of the work you'll hear me read(please no young children)...
I'm finalizing details of my Words From Water: Poems, and I plan to have it for sale that night!
Please consider "saving the date" for me, and come on out!

***On Thursday, Feburary 28th, arrive by 7:30 p.m. to get a great seat at "Outwrite Books" for the PARTY for "Limp Wrist" magazine. Dustin Brookshire's baby will be born!
I don't know about you, but I cannot wait for "American Idol"--premiering its new season in less than two weeks...it's not the show I'm excited about, but Collin Kelley's witty takes on the contestants, the judges, and all-things-Idol.

Enjoy your Friday night!

No comments: